Posted September 14, 2021
Marshall Municipal Utilities (MMU), located in Marshall, Minnesota is accepting applications for an Accountant. Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Accountant is responsible to provide and assist in the overall coordination and maintenance of the internal financial operation of Marshall Municipal Utilities.Major responsibilities include but are not limited to recording and categorizing expenses, balancing and reconciling various general ledger accounts and subsidiary accounts, preparing and processing payroll and associated payroll documents, and maintaining insurance and safety policies and reports.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Accountring, Finance or Business.
- Five of more years of experience (preferably in the public sector) in areas of accounting, financial, and payroll.
- Or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask effectively and efficiently.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting theories, principles, and practices.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of financial record keeping, bookkeeping and accrual accounting.
- Thorough working knowledge of billing practices and principles.
- Considerable knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with employees, vendors, and consultants.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to compose correspondences and use basic information in developing reports.
Compensation for this position ranges from $66,722 to $83,402 commensurate with experience and qualifications. MMU also offers an excellent benefits package.
Applicants should submit a completed application, resume (including an email address for correspondence), and three business references to: Leslie Hisken, Customer Service Manager, Marshall Municipal Utilities 113 South 4th Street, Marshall, MN 56258.
An application for employment can also be downloaded as a pdf file here: Employment Application Form
Deadline for receipt of applications is Thursday, September 30, 2021 by 4:30 pm. Position shall remain open until filled. Tentative starting date is Monday, November 8, 2021.
Marshall Municipal Utilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer